EBookWriMo: It’s On, Baby! (Did You Really Doubt?)
“Do you really have to ask? I notice your list of cons is much shorter than your list of pros. You know you’re going to write that ebook no matter what anyone else thinks, and that’s the way it should be.” ~Cordelia’s Mom
As my mother so wisely pointed out in her response to my last post, I pretty much knew I was going to wind up deciding in favor of EBookWriMo, but it was good to get some feedback nonetheless as I made 100% sure it was something I really want to try and not just another freak challenge I’d decided to take on in a moment of over-ambitious enthusiasm.
(Side note: Most endeavors I undertake, including this blog and my freelance business, are freak challenges I decided to take on in a moment of over-ambitious enthusiasm.)
So, it’s looking like EBookWriMo is going down. Like, starting today.
Here is the schedule:
- Nov. 1-2: Pick my topic. (Already done! Score one for being ahead of the game!)
- Nov. 3-4: Create an outline. (One already started from back when this idea first began kicking around in my head. Score two!)
- Nov. 5-25: Write, write, and write some more. In my panda hat. Because that is how it originated. (30 minutes a day, which is totally doable as I just let go of a freelance project that was not paying me what my time is really worth.)
- Nov. 26-28: Redraft. (Must not do this step while writing. This will be nearly impossible for me as I am the quintessential edit-while-writing type of writer.)
- Nov. 29-30: Make final changes. (I will of course continue to fuss with the book long after this as it’s going to be an actual paid product, but this is the point at which the first draft at least will be officially done, and I will celebrate with much bourbon and probably a very, very long nap. (Like, a-whole-Saturday-length nap.))
Quick Question for My Dear Readers
If you would have any interest in an ebook workingly titled “The Hustler’s Handbook: How to Stay Motivated, Stay Productive, and Stay Sane While Leading the Day Job/Dream Job Double Life,” I would love your input to make sure I create the kind of guide that will help you the most.
So, whether you’re a side hustler, a full-time hustler, or a wannabe hustler, I’d love to hear from you in the comments: What topics/issues would you like me to address in this book? What should I be sure goes on the outline on days 3-4? What would you find the most maddeningly, awesomely useful to know?
Cast your vote in the comments, say a little prayer for me, and away we go!Like my style? It can be yours--literally! Check out the services I offer here: Bloggity-Blogging Goodness for Hire